This machine allows anyone to work for minimum wage for as long as they like. Turning the crank on the side releases one penny every 4.97 seconds, for a total of $7.25 per hour. This corresponds to minimum wage for a person in New York. This piece is brilliant on multiple levels, particularly as social commentary. Without a doubt, most people who started operating the machine for fun would quickly grow disheartened and stop when realizing just how little they’re earning by turning this mindless crank. A person would then conceivably realize that this is what nearly two million people in the United States do every day…at much harder jobs than turning a crank. This turns the piece into a simple, yet effective argument for raising the minimum wage.
read this and reblog it because it’s important and applies to many things
and note what it says at the end - any artist can deny access to their art at any time - they’ll go on creating amazing things and they will simply not share it, because that ends up being the only option they have.
shark smooch comic
Also wanted to show you my super adorable hedgehog pin coushin!! ♥
I didn’t make this, my mom knitted it for me. The pattern is from here, and the seller donates a portion of the profits to the British Hedgehog Preservation Society ^_^
There are times that I feel, I’d rather not be the one behind the wheel.
(For Arty’s greaser/tatt/rockabilly zine, I wanted to draw a greaser with some kind of possessed demon tatts. He never loses a fight. Also I stayed up all night trying to finish this, so GOOD NIGHT.)
study group at the avengers midnight premiere?!!
for some loser who came up most of this
- Troy and Abed decided they were gonna be awesome and somehow convinced everyone else to dress up too
- Annie got really into it with them and suited up as Hawkeye
- Jeff “Accidentally Handsome” Winger came as Tony Stark. What, he totally wears this, didn’t you see that movie?
- Britta britta’d it. I mean, her favorite superhero is X-Man.
- Shirley borrowed Hulk smash gloves from her boys!!
- Pierce just really liked the concept of Captain America (i’m so sorry steve)
- Same with Chang and Nick Fury (i’m so sorry sir)
- Who else, honestly